Pages

Thursday 25 February 2010

dengue fever?!

these few days not feeling well
they were suspecting dengue fever
need to monitor my blood (as in twice a day)
so they insert a branula
it's so painful

poked through my skin---squeeze my forearm---no blood
---pulled out a little and pushed in another direction---
squeeze squeeze squeeze---still no blood (din flow)---
explore another direction---waited 4 the blood---
obviously it's not a gd attempt too---took out the whole needle

the whole poking and removing again---still not successful
the doc kp apologising & try to distract my pain by asking me lots of "introduce-urself question"
i tried to answer, honestly
yet wat my mind could manage was merely a "get it done faster"
i was hoping to faint (not exaggerating, it's true)
finally it was over & i've used up 3 brand new needles (2 wasted)

No comments:

Post a Comment