Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

a rare experience one can encounter



today is a public holiday, labour day, so no school. such fine weather to swim, a lil on the warm side. but the pool was closed, how sad. so had a bath and ready to buy fruits from fairprice. planned to buy stuff from popular as well, the paper prototyping kit for analog game theory.

walked my way there coz wanted to save money & sort of exercise since i din get to swim. tummy started giving out signs of cramps just as i reached ntuc. quickly swallowed the med i had few days ago and hope it would go off. yet, it kinda getting worse so i just grabbed 1 box of grapes, 2 tomatoes, 1 mini papaya and head to the pay counter. wanna get all things done asap.

while i was queueing, the cramps gave their max, it was so painful that i had to squat down & kept on shivering.  and then there was this inconsiderate auntie who cut queue!!! i struggled to stand, make the payment. the worker at the counter asked if i was alright, i think i cried a lil bit, she asked me to wait at the side and handed me a mug of warm water. i sat there, in pain. in the meantime, a very kind hearted auntie pushing her trolley came up to me, open a packet of chocolate cookies she had just bought and offered me 1 piece. i must be looking very very pale that time, i can feel that i'm almost fainting.

not long after that, i was brought to the staff office where there's a few auntie workers inside, facing a row of computers. i was told to rest there, 1 of the chinese staff made me a hot milo where a malay staff gave me a small bottle of medicated oil. they kept asking where i stay, my parents' numbers... i told them i was staying in the school hostel and i need a cab, they insisted to have my housemate over here to accompany me back. i told them just call a taxi for me & i wanted to go back fast. but they said it was expensive and wanted to walk me to the taxi stand up there. i was so frustrated, coz i knew that i had no energy to walk and all i want is to reach my hostel immediately. finally they get my point. cost me $7.54, couldn't rmb the exact amount but somewhere around there.


thanks to all who have helped. god bless u all.


No comments:

Post a Comment